I don't know how many different personality tests I've taken over the years, hundreds probably, but they all say pretty much the same thing...I am a people pleaser - I do everything possible to make those around me happy, often at my own expensive (I have a hard time saying "no"). I also don't take failure well and hate receiving gifts/compliments in front of a lot of people.
One of the side effects to this particular personality trait (along with not being able to say no) is that I have a hard time relaxing, especially when I have extended time off of work. So, over the last 6 weeks, I've found myself working more often than I probably should be. Whether it's lesson planning or filling out forms for something needed at school - teachers do most of their work away from school. I haven't been sleeping enough, I've been stressing about making sure I get things done and see people and get Christmas/birthday presents/cards sent out and disappointing people because I'm not able to go to something because all I want to do is sleep and making sure everyone in my little family is happy too. I've also been worrying about my supply once I go back to work and whether or not I'll be able to pump at work - which is probably my biggest fear right now.
I read an article today about how I need to sit back and remember that I just went through a pretty traumatic experience and need to give myself time to recover - everything else can wait. So, although I only have a couple days left of my maternity leave, I am going to do just that. Until Wednesday I am not
> Going to stress about making other people happy
> Going to work on ANYTHING work related
> Going to answer ANY emails or texts from work
> Going to stress about what other people think about ANYTHING
> Going to worry about losing my supply or having to struggle to find time to pump
I know I only have a few days left before I go back to work, but maybe they will be more relaxing than the last several weeks have been. I've got to remember to take care of myself too!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ashlee-gadd/you-just-had-a-baby_b_6439326.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000037
No comments:
Post a Comment